Just like you’d prep your car for winter, your beard needs a little extra attention before facing the summer heat. Don’t worry though, it’s way less effort than getting those abs beach-ready. Here’s all you need to know to keep your beard looking great all summer.
- 0.1 Let’s Bust Some Summer Beard Myths, Shall We?
- 0.2 Why Your Summer Beard Rocks
- 0.3 Time to Give Your Beard Some Summer Love
- 0.4 Show Your Beard Some Summer Love
- 0.5 Go Wild this Summer
- 0.6 Take Brushing Your Beard Seriously
- 0.7 Fight the Frizz with Beard Balm
- 0.8 Sun-smart Beard Habits
- 1 Conclusion: Own Your Summer Beard
Let’s Bust Some Summer Beard Myths, Shall We?
There’s a ton of chatter out there about rocking a beard in the summer. Let’s clear up some of that noise.
make it better, longer and more casual
There’s a lot of discussion surrounding the idea of sporting a beard during the summer months. Let’s clarify some misconceptions and provide helpful tips for rocking a beard in the summer.
Myth 1: Beards are Basically Face Heaters
News flash: your beard isn’t a built-in face warmer. In fact, it’s a pretty awesome sweat catcher. And remember, sweat is our body’s individual AC unit. By letting that sweat evaporate slowly, your beard helps keep you cool.
Myth 2: A Clean-Shaven Face is Summer-Fresh
Who made that rule? A beard in summer isn’t gross or messy as long as you take care of it. Your summer beard can look and feel just as fresh as any clean-shaven mug.
Why Your Summer Beard Rocks
While we’re at it, let’s give a shout-out to some of the great stuff your summer beard does for you. Like keeping you cool after a dive into the pool or an outdoor shower. There’s no better feeling than a wet beard on a hot summer day!
It’s Your Personal Sunscreen
Your beard isn’t just about style, it’s practical too. It blocks up to 95% of harmful UV rays that can cause skin cancer. That, along with your favourite sunscreen and hat, makes a killer sun-protection combo.
Time to Give Your Beard Some Summer Love
As Memorial Day edges closer, it’s time to get your beard ready for the challenges of summer. Between UV rays and BBQ sauce, your beard’s gonna face a lot, so let’s set up a solid grooming routine.
Show Your Beard Some Summer Love
Summer comes with a ton of stuff that your beard has to deal with sweat, sunscreen, bug spray, pool chlorine, and so on. So, keep it fresh by washing it with a top-notch beard conditioner shampoo.
Pick Your Beard Shampoo Wisely
Ditch regular shampoo or soap – they’ll just rob your beard of its natural oils and goodness, leaving it dry and brittle. You want a beard shampoo loaded with organic oils, antioxidants, and fatty acids.
Oil it Up!
Sun and heat can be harsh on your beard, so give it some extra hydration with beard oil or moisturizer. The ones made from natural ingredients can keep your beard soft and itch-free all through the summer. Aim to do this three times a week to keep your beard in top form.
Go Wild this Summer
Why not shake things up a bit? Try a new scented beard oil that matches your summer style or haircut. It could be a fun change.
Take Brushing Your Beard Seriously
Just as heat and humidity can frizz up your hair, it can mess with your beard too. Keep it under control by brushing regularly. This will get rid of any tangles, clean it up, and spread the beard oil evenly.
Fight the Frizz with Beard Balm
For those extra humid days when the frizz just won’t quit, reach for a good beard balm. A mix of oils, butter, and beeswax will keep your whiskers smooth all day long.
Sun-smart Beard Habits
Protecting your beard from the summer sun isn’t just about grooming. It’s about being sun-smart:
Hydrate, Sunscreen, Shade
Drink plenty of water, slap on some sunscreen, and wear a hat. This will protect both your beard and skin from the sun’s meanest rays.
Conclusion: Own Your Summer Beard
Alright, fellas, you’ve got all the info you need. Having a summer beard doesn’t have to be a hassle. With the right care and grooming, your beard can be a cool, stylish part of your summer look.
- Does a beard make me hotter in the summer? Nope, a beard can actually help keep you cool by trapping sweat close to your skin and letting it evaporate slowly.
- Does my beard protect me from the sun? Absolutely, your beard can block up to 95% of the sun’s harmful UV rays.
- How often should I wash my beard in the summer? Since you’re likely to sweat more, it’s a good idea to wash your beard every other day with beard shampoo.
- Why should I use beard oil and moisturizer? These guys help keep your beard and the skin underneath hydrated, which can get dry and itchy in the summer heat.
- What can I do to keep my beard from frizzing? Regular brushing and a good beard balm can help keep your beard looking smooth and stylish.